I know what you’re thinking. “Excuses, excuses.” And you would be RIGHT. I am going to offer you ten solid excuses as to why I haven’t blogged in 6 months. [I had to count that out on my fingers].
And guess what? I am ASHAMED of myself. Almost as ashamed as my sister’s dog, Mocha, is in this picture:
1. I was busy being rejected: I’m not going to count how many schools rejected me as a potential Resident Director. It would be far too depressing. But it was a fairly common experience. One school even rejected me TWICE for the same job–how rude!
2. I was busy getting a job: After a ridiculous amount of [humbling and God-ordained] rejections, I was finally offered a job!!! I am now a Residence Hall Counselor at a boarding school in Michigan. It’s basically everything that I love to do, all wrapped up into one perfect job. But getting that job took a lot of work, 2 days of interviewing, and a lot of prayer.
3. I was busy relaxing: I pretty much binged on relaxation this summer. But if your parents lived in a lake house, wouldn’t you do the same?
4. I was busy making new friends: I have made some great friends since moving! My co-workers are amazing, and we like to wear matching outfits on Wednesdays. How cool is that?!
5. I was busy working: Do you know how long it takes to make a giant paper owl for a bulletin board? A LONG TIME. I spend most of my time working in some aspect, and I love [love, love, love] it. My job involves taking care of 25 incredible, talented, and funny High School girls. It also involves craftiness, telling bad jokes, talking about boys, and talking about hygiene. The hygiene conversations are the worst.
6. I was busy watching incredible television: And I mean incredible. I started off the school year by watching Jane By Design. It was an ABC Family TV show, but it was cancelled [for good reason]. I was addicted to it. Then…oh gosh…I started watching The Vampire Diaries. [Picture Mocha’s shamed face, again]. It’s so TERRIBLE. It’s BAD. It’s HORRIFIC. It gives me NIGHTMARES. I love it. There’s this huge love triangle between this girl and two vampire brothers. I wouldn’t recommend it.
7. I was busy preparing to be an aunt: You heard me! I am going to be AUNT MOLLY in April, because my sister has a placenta! If you know me, you know how I feel about placentas…GROSS. But I do like babies! Being an aunt takes a lot of preparation, mentally, physically, and financially.
8. I was busy thinking about cats: My cat, Cali, died this summer. She was basically the love of my life, and we always knew what the other was thinking. When I was in college, I would talk to Cali on the phone. She loved sleeping on my head and having long conversations with me in the evenings. I miss her a lot, and if my job allowed it, I would most likely get another cat. I miss the companionship of a cat. I think about them all the time, and I love looking at cat pictures on Pinterest. Don’t judge.
9. I was busy at the dentist: Since I moved in August, I have been to the dentist FIVE times. I got a root canal and had to get a crown put on, but DOESN’T THAT SEEM EXCESSIVE? I have to go back soon, because it’s been discovered that I clench my teeth all the time. My dentist likes to tell me to floss more, and I’m always like, “Duh!”
10. These are all crappy excuses: I’m determined to do better this year. Just wait.